I have installed VxSS on a Unix Master Server for NB 5.1 MP5 and VxSS on a
Windows Media Server with 5.1 MP4. In the NBAC for UNIX via Device Monitor
all the drives which are SSO are appearing as ACS control state, but when
I login to the windows media servers and launch the NBAC and proceed to Device
Monitor, I get MIXED state for drive control. I am able to perform backup
and restore successfully. Whenever are perform up drive in the windows media
server NBAC all I get is retrieving status.

If I run vmoprmcd -h via CLI on Unix or windows I get ACS
for all the drives.

If I try to configure a new drive as SSO on the windows media server NBAC
and I select the drive, I get the following error: Error scanning for devices:
user is not valid for the host (99)"

On the windows media server NBAC, if I go the Devices-> Hosts->windows media
server -> I get the following error "Unable to determine the global device
database host for device host :user is not valid for the host
(99)"

On the Unix master server, I go the Devices-> Hosts->windows media server
-> I get the following error "The global device database for
does not match the global device database for this host. All hosts in this
configuration must share the same Global Device Database. Would you like
to update the Global Device Database host for ? "

If I uninstall or deactivate VxSS then I do not get the following problems.

I found the following document via Veritas website for

Host emacrxvme00 returned: user is not valid for this host (99)

http://support.veritas.com/docs/268829

I tried the following command, and i get the following response via the windows
media server

C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpnbaz -addperms Stop -group
NBU_Admin -object NBU_RES_Drive
One or more of your command line parameters is invalid or missing.

C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpnbaz -addperms Stop -object
NBU_RES_Drive
One or more of your command line parameters is invalid or missing.

C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpnbaz -addperms Stop -group
NBU_Admin -object NBU_RES_Drive -CredFile "C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\var\vxss\credentials\ server>"

C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpnbaz -ListGROUPS -CredFile
"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\var\vxss\credentials\"

When i try the following command on the Unix master server the operation
is successfully completed. I believe that "You do not have permission to
perform the requested operation." is causing me problems for the windows
media server.

ROOT > bpnbaz -addperms Stop -group NBU_Admin -object NBU_RES_Drive
Operation completed successfully.

ROOT > bpnbaz -listgroups
NBU_User
NBU_Operator