Master Server is displayed as Media server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Master Server is displayed as Media server - Veritas Net Backup ; NBU E5.1 Master server is displayed as Media server in the Administration Console in W2k3 Environment.Could anyone give me the solution????...

  1. Master Server is displayed as Media server

    NBU E5.1 Master server is displayed as Media server in the Administration
    Console in W2k3 Environment.Could anyone give me the solution????

  2. Re: Master Server is displayed as Media server

    "MURUGAN KRISHNAN" wrote:

    >NBU E5.1 Master server is displayed as Media server in the Administration
    >Console in W2k3 Environment.Could anyone give me the solution????

    Is this running from the actual master server or a different server. If you
    have multiple interface to the master server it could be that your specifying
    the wrong alias name.

    Does you master server have tape drives?

  3. Re: Master Server is displayed as Media server

    Thnx dany,

    Anyway issue is solved.The netbios name of the master server is of 16 chars
    .. and the last bit should be considered as hexadecimal.but in the Registry
    as wel as vm.conf it was only 15 chars..we changed it and it is working fine.

    once again Thnx for ur response

    "Daniel" wrote:

    >"MURUGAN KRISHNAN" wrote:
    >>
    >>NBU E5.1 Master server is displayed as Media server in the Administration
    >>Console in W2k3 Environment.Could anyone give me the solution????

    >Is this running from the actual master server or a different server. If

    you
    >have multiple interface to the master server it could be that your specifying
    > the wrong alias name.
    >
    >Does you master server have tape drives?

+ Reply to Thread