backup stuck - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on backup stuck - Veritas Net Backup ; There is one client that stuck up on 3% everytime i backup but the elase time is reached to 12 hrs. and it's not stopping unless you cancel the activity and there is no error message so it's hard for ...

  1. backup stuck

    There is one client that stuck up on 3% everytime i backup but the elase
    time is reached to 12 hrs. and it's not stopping unless you cancel the activity
    and there is no error message so it's hard for me to now what causing it...
    Did anyone encountered this problem ??? How i resolve it ?????

  2. Re: backup stuck

    "DJ" wrote:

    >There is one client that stuck up on 3% everytime i backup but the elase
    >time is reached to 12 hrs. and it's not stopping unless you cancel the

    activity
    >and there is no error message so it's hard for me to now what causing it...
    > Did anyone encountered this problem ??? How i resolve it ?????

    I'm assuming that different tapes and different drives were used so they
    can be eliminated as the source of the problem [ie if you had a bad sector
    on a tape, that could explain why the backup always stops at a certain point
    but not if this happens with multiple tapes].

    Turn the client's logging on and re-run the backup. Check those logs along
    with bpbrm and bptm on the media server. If the backup is stopping on a
    particular file, see if you can offload the file and retry the backup. If
    you can't do that, create an exclusion for that file.

    If possible, disable as much other activity as possible [antivirus, disk
    defrag, etc.].

    Are you using VSP and how much free disk space do you have? Maybe NBU is
    not able to create a sufficiently sized VSP cache file and you have the option
    enabled to "abort backup on error". You can check this by running

    bperror -hoursago 24 | grep servername

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread