problem for restore under Veritas backup - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on problem for restore under Veritas backup - Veritas Net Backup ; dear sir, How r u, we try to restrore some files from veritas backup library and it give us the following message : Status 5 Best regards, Nashaat Fayez Girgis...

  1. problem for restore under Veritas backup

    dear sir,

    How r u, we try to restrore some files from veritas backup library and it
    give us the following message : Status 5

    Best regards,

    Nashaat Fayez Girgis

  2. Re: problem for restore under Veritas backup

    "nashaat Fayez" wrote:

    >dear sir,
    >
    >How r u, we try to restrore some files from veritas backup library and it
    >give us the following message : Status 5
    >
    >Best regards,
    >
    >Nashaat Fayez Girgis

    Here is the help for that error:

    # bperror -S 5 -r

    the restore failed to recover the requested files
    There were errors that caused the restore to fail.

    Try the following:

    1. Ensure that the client's server list contains entries for the master
    server and for any media servers that could be used during a backup or restore.
    2. Examine the status or progress log on the client for messages on why
    the restore failed. Also, check the All Log Entries report on the server.
    3. Check ownership and permission on directories where files will be restored.

    4. Correct problems that you find and retry the restore.
    5. For OpenVMS clients, make sure the NetBackup client software is version
    3.4 or higher.
    6. If you receive status code 5 when attempting to restore files from a
    FlashBackup backup after a NetBackup patch was installed, the patch may not
    have been installed properly. Follow the installation instructions in the
    patch README file and make sure the libsfr.so file is copied as instructed.

    Scott

  3. Re: problem for restore under Veritas backup

    Check the backup log to see if there was any 0 byts files ? In such cases,
    the restoration might end up with throwing error code 5, restoring rest of
    the files.

    -avi

    "Scott Lindstrom" wrote:

    >"nashaat Fayez" wrote:
    >>
    >>dear sir,
    >>
    >>How r u, we try to restrore some files from veritas backup library and

    it
    >>give us the following message : Status 5
    >>
    >>Best regards,
    >>
    >>Nashaat Fayez Girgis
    >>

    >Here is the help for that error:
    >
    ># bperror -S 5 -r

    >the restore failed to recover the requested files
    >There were errors that caused the restore to fail.
    >
    >Try the following:
    >
    >1. Ensure that the client's server list contains entries for the master
    >server and for any media servers that could be used during a backup or restore.
    >2. Examine the status or progress log on the client for messages on why
    >the restore failed. Also, check the All Log Entries report on the server.
    >3. Check ownership and permission on directories where files will be restored.
    >
    >4. Correct problems that you find and retry the restore.
    >5. For OpenVMS clients, make sure the NetBackup client software is version
    >3.4 or higher.
    >6. If you receive status code 5 when attempting to restore files from a
    >FlashBackup backup after a NetBackup patch was installed, the patch may

    not
    >have been installed properly. Follow the installation instructions in the
    >patch README file and make sure the libsfr.so file is copied as instructed.
    >
    >Scott

  4. Re: problem for restore under Veritas backup

    "nashaat Fayez" wrote:

    >dear sir,
    >
    >How r u, we try to restrore some files from veritas backup library and it
    >give us the following message : Status 5
    >
    >Best regards,
    >
    >Nashaat Fayez Girgis

    Nashaat,

    Have you checked out the recommended troubleshooting:

[...]

+ Reply to Thread