Error when duplicating images - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error when duplicating images - Veritas Net Backup ; I am getting a media read error 83 when I run a vault job to duplicate images for offsite backups. My normal backup work fine and I can restore files from a backup but I keep getting these read errors ...

  1. Error when duplicating images

    I am getting a media read error 83 when I run a vault job to duplicate images
    for offsite backups. My normal backup work fine and I can restore files
    from a backup but I keep getting these read errors on the vault duplications.
    I can figure out what is causing it.

  2. Re: Error when duplicating images

    You should review and verify your tape or data buffer settings.
    They may need to be corrected or adjusted accordingly

    "

    Bruce" wrote:

    >I am getting a media read error 83 when I run a vault job to duplicate images
    >for offsite backups. My normal backup work fine and I can restore files
    >from a backup but I keep getting these read errors on the vault duplications.
    > I can figure out what is causing it.

  3. Re: Error when duplicating images

    "Durane" wrote:

    >You should review and verify your tape or data buffer settings.
    >They may need to be corrected or adjusted accordingly
    >

    >"
    >

    >Bruce" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am getting a media read error 83 when I run a vault job to duplicate

    images
    >>for offsite backups. My normal backup work fine and I can restore files
    >>from a backup but I keep getting these read errors on the vault duplications.
    >> I can figure out what is causing it.

    Thanks I will try that.

  4. Re: Error when duplicating images

    Here's a tech note link regarding this topic:
    Data buffers: http://support.veritas.com/docs/244652
    Tape buffers:http://support.veritas.com/docs/269092

    Let me know if this resolved your issue. I'll make a note for future reference.-Durane

    Bruce" wrote:

    >"Durane" wrote:
    >>
    >>You should review and verify your tape or data buffer settings.
    >>They may need to be corrected or adjusted accordingly
    >>

    >>"
    >>

    >>Bruce" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I am getting a media read error 83 when I run a vault job to duplicate

    >images
    >>>for offsite backups. My normal backup work fine and I can restore files
    >>>from a backup but I keep getting these read errors on the vault duplications.
    >>> I can figure out what is causing it.

    >Thanks I will try that.

  5. Re: Error when duplicating images

    "Bruce" wrote:

    >I am getting a media read error 83 when I run a vault job to duplicate images
    >for offsite backups. My normal backup work fine and I can restore files
    >from a backup but I keep getting these read errors on the vault duplications.
    > I can figure out what is causing it.

    Bruce,

    This may be nit-picking, but an "83" is an "open" error, not a "read" error.

    The fact that you can restore means the read ability is sound. Perhaps there's
    an error in your vault policy definition? Why don't you post your vault.xml?
    Perhaps someone can spot a problem.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread