Port List - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Port List - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm having a hard time finding a list of ports on the website. Anyone know the ports that Veritas uses to talk to clients: Clients to veratas: and vertias to tape backup thanks for your help...

  1. Port List

    I'm having a hard time finding a list of ports on the website. Anyone know
    the ports that Veritas uses to talk to clients: Clients to veratas: and vertias
    to tape backup

    thanks for your help

  2. Re: Port List

    "Manny" wrote:

    >I'm having a hard time finding a list of ports on the website. Anyone know
    >the ports that Veritas uses to talk to clients: Clients to veratas: and

    vertias
    >to tape backup

    Depends on the version, what options are in use and the configuration of
    everything from robot types to firewalls. Consult the "Configuring NetBackup
    Ports" chapter of the NetBackup System Administrator's Guide for {UNIX |
    Windows}, Volume I.

  3. Re: Port List

    NBU 5.1
    System Administrator's Guide, Volume I

    Configuring Host Properties
    --> MasterServer, Media Server, and Client Host Properties
    --> Firewall Properties
    --> Ports

    You can read about 23 pages from here. Enjoy!

    Furthermore,

    Configuring Host Properties
    --> MasterServer, Media Server, and Client Host Properties
    --> Network Properties

    and,

    Configuring Host Properties
    --> MasterServer, Media Server, and Client Host Properties
    --> Port Ranges Properties

    "Manny" wrote:

    >I'm having a hard time finding a list of ports on the website. Anyone know
    >the ports that Veritas uses to talk to clients: Clients to veratas: and

    vertias
    >to tape backup
    >
    >thanks for your help

+ Reply to Thread