Command to List deactivated policies - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Command to List deactivated policies - Veritas Net Backup ; Does anyone know a line command that will list all the policies that are active or deactivated?...

  1. Command to List deactivated policies

    Does anyone know a line command that will list all the policies that are active
    or deactivated?

  2. Command to List deactivated policies

    "Jean Shaw" wrote:

    >Does anyone know a line command that will list all the Netbackup policies

    that are active
    >or deactivated?

  3. Re: Command to List deactivated policies

    Hi Jean,
    I'm assuming you're running NBU for Windows...
    Put the code below into a DOS batch file. It's not that fast, but it works.
    Regards,
    Dave.

    echo off

    echo . > active-policies.lis

    for /f %%z in ('bppllist') do (
    echo .
    echo Policy %%z
    for /f "tokens=1,12 skip=2" %%a in ('bppllist %%z') do (
    if /i "%%a"=="info" (
    if /i "%%b"=="0" (
    echo policy %%z is active
    REM bppllist %%z -U >> active-policies.lis
    ) else (
    echo policy %%z is INACTIVE
    )
    )
    )
    )

    pause

    exit /b

  4. Re: Command to List deactivated policies

    Thanks Dave,

    I have two separate master severs (one Windows and 1 UNIX) I am running Netbackup
    5.1. I will give this a try on the Windows box,

    Do you have a command for the UNIX host?

    Any assistance will help

    Thanks
    Jean

    "D R" wrote:
    >Hi Jean,
    >I'm assuming you're running NBU for Windows...
    >Put the code below into a DOS batch file. It's not that fast, but it works.
    >Regards,
    >Dave.
    >

    >echo off
    >
    >echo . > active-policies.lis
    >
    >for /f %%z in ('bppllist') do (
    > echo .
    > echo Policy %%z
    > for /f "tokens=1,12 skip=2" %%a in ('bppllist %%z') do (
    > if /i "%%a"=="info" (
    > if /i "%%b"=="0" (
    > echo policy %%z is active
    >REM bppllist %%z -U >> active-policies.lis
    > ) else (
    > echo policy %%z is INACTIVE
    > )
    > )