25 - can`t connect on socket errors - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on 25 - can`t connect on socket errors - Veritas Net Backup ; Over the last 12 hours or so....I have had over 200 - 25 errors in my environment happening across all media servers. Obviously I believe the problem lies on the master at this point. I wanted to throw this possibility ...

  1. 25 - can`t connect on socket errors

    Over the last 12 hours or so....I have had over 200 - 25 errors in my environment
    happening across all media servers. Obviously I believe the problem lies
    on the master at this point. I wanted to throw this possibility out there....I
    made some new tape device configs yesterday on one media server, but I have
    not had a chance to stop and start Netbackup on the master server yet. I
    have only recycled on that particular media server. Since the global device
    database has not been updated on the master...it is possible since it waiting
    for updates or changes that it is flaking out and causing these 25 errors?

  2. Re: 25 - can`t connect on socket errors

    Not sure what exactly is causing your socked errors, however I do know that
    socket errors are a comunication problem.

    Thanks
    js

    "Bill " wrote:

    >Over the last 12 hours or so....I have had over 200 - 25 errors in my environment
    >happening across all media servers. Obviously I believe the problem lies
    >on the master at this point. I wanted to throw this possibility out there....I
    >made some new tape device configs yesterday on one media server, but I have
    >not had a chance to stop and start Netbackup on the master server yet. I
    >have only recycled on that particular media server. Since the global device
    >database has not been updated on the master...it is possible since it waiting
    >for updates or changes that it is flaking out and causing these 25 errors?

+ Reply to Thread