Cann't see drives in Media Device Monitor - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Cann't see drives in Media Device Monitor - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi. I have opened Veritas GUI (using Netbackup Java) and I have connected to Media Server to see Drives status and to start up one down drive, but when I select "Device Monitor" I obtain next message: "The Media Manager ...

  1. Cann't see drives in Media Device Monitor

    Hi.

    I have opened Veritas GUI (using Netbackup Java) and I have connected to
    Media Server to see Drives status and to start up one down drive, but when
    I select "Device Monitor" I obtain next message:
    "The Media Manager device daemon (tlid) is not active on host X>
    where "X" is the name of my Master server not the media server where I am
    connected.
    If I select Activity Monitor, I can seen ltid running in my Media Server,
    and I have checked that I am connected to my Media Server (is the one shown
    on the top).

    Can anybody help me, please?.

    Thanks.

    Regards:
    Maria

  2. Re: Cann't see drives in Media Device Monitor

    "Maria" wrote:

    >Hi.
    >
    >I have opened Veritas GUI (using Netbackup Java) and I have connected to
    >Media Server to see Drives status and to start up one down drive, but when
    >I select "Device Monitor" I obtain next message:
    > "The Media Manager device daemon (tlid) is not active on host X>
    >where "X" is the name of my Master server not the media server where I am
    >connected.
    >If I select Activity Monitor, I can seen ltid running in my Media Server,
    >and I have checked that I am connected to my Media Server (is the one shown
    >on the top).
    >
    >Can anybody help me, please?.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Regards:
    > Maria

    Maria,

    Shouldn't you be connecting to the master to do drive work? For me, even
    when I launch jnbSA from a media server, I'm always connecting to the master.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread