Veritas NB 6: how to change the catalog location? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Veritas NB 6: how to change the catalog location? - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi Experts, Can any one guide me to change the "catalog data" location.The NB Master server is in production and space is problem for catalog data.So i need to move the catalog data to a new bigger space in different ...

  1. Veritas NB 6: how to change the catalog location?

    Hi Experts,

    Can any one guide me to change the "catalog data" location.The NB Master
    server is in production and space is problem for catalog data.So i need to
    move the catalog data to a new bigger space in different drive.
    Appreciate if some one guide me w/o reinstalling NB.

    Regards,

  2. Re: Veritas NB 6: how to change the catalog location?

    "maduskar" wrote:

    >Hi Experts,
    >
    >Can any one guide me to change the "catalog data" location.The NB Master
    >server is in production and space is problem for catalog data.So i need

    >move the catalog data to a new bigger space in different drive.
    >Appreciate if some one guide me w/o reinstalling NB.
    >
    >Regards,

    here is a example:::
    create the directories where yo want to put the data,logs, etc.. and run
    this command while netbackup is down.
    but start up the database first
    /usr/openv/db/bin/nbdbms_start_server

    /usr/openv/db/bin/nbdb_move -data /var/netbackup/DB/ -index /var/netbackup/DB/
    -tlog /var/netbackup/DB/ -mlog /var/netbackup/DB/

+ Reply to Thread