replace drive in Netb 5 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on replace drive in Netb 5 - Veritas Net Backup ; I have a hp MSL5026 lib with two SDLT drives attached to a EVA5000 SAN. One drive failed and replaced. The master server OS (Win200) sees the new drive and it tests ok but the Netbackup does not. What do ...

  1. replace drive in Netb 5

    I have a hp MSL5026 lib with two SDLT drives attached to a EVA5000 SAN. One
    drive failed and replaced. The master server OS (Win200) sees the new drive
    and it tests ok but the Netbackup does not. What do I need to do to get this
    to work? The software reports the drive down. Help.

  2. Re: replace drive in Netb 5

    Hi Mike, Have you re-run the device discovery wizard?

    "Mike" wrote in message

    > I have a hp MSL5026 lib with two SDLT drives attached to a EVA5000 SAN.
    > One
    > drive failed and replaced. The master server OS (Win200) sees the new
    > drive
    > and it tests ok but the Netbackup does not. What do I need to do to get
    > this
    > to work? The software reports the drive down. Help.

  3. Re: replace drive in Netb 5

    Try downloading and running
    NetbackupTapeDeviceDriverInstall_276230.exe

    "Dave R" wrote:
    >Hi Mike, Have you re-run the device discovery wizard?
    >

    >"Mike" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have a hp MSL5026 lib with two SDLT drives attached to a EVA5000 SAN.

    >> One
    >> drive failed and replaced. The master server OS (Win200) sees the new

    >> drive
    >> and it tests ok but the Netbackup does not. What do I need to do to get

    >> this
    >> to work? The software reports the drive down. Help.

  4. Re: replace drive in Netb 5

    Dave, I have and it does not see the drive.
    "Dave R" wrote:
    >Hi Mike, Have you re-run the device discovery wizard?
    >

    >"Mike" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have a hp MSL5026 lib with two SDLT drives attached to a EVA5000 SAN.

    >> One
    >> drive failed and replaced. The master server OS (Win200) sees the new

    >> drive
    >> and it tests ok but the Netbackup does not. What do I need to do to get

    >> this
    >> to work? The software reports the drive down. Help.

  5. Re: replace drive in Netb 5

    Where can I get this? I did a search of the Veritas support site and it came
    up with no results. Thanks.

    "Glenda Sillo" wrote:

    >Try downloading and running
    >NetbackupTapeDeviceDriverInstall_276230.exe
    >

    >"Dave R" wrote:
    >>Hi Mike, Have you re-run the device discovery wizard?
    >>

    >>"Mike" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I have a hp MSL5026 lib with two SDLT drives attached to a EVA5000 SAN.

    >>> One
    >>> drive failed and replaced. The master server OS (Win200) sees the new

    >>> drive
    >>> and it tests ok but the Netbackup does not. What do I need to do to get

    >>> this
    >>> to work? The software reports the drive down. Help.

  6. Re: replace drive in Netb 5

    Hi Mike,
    Are the drives shown in Windows Device manager. They have to be known in
    DevMgr for NBU to see them.
    Rgds,
    Dave.

    "Mike" wrote in message

    > Dave, I have and it does not see the drive.
    > "Dave R" wrote:
    >>Hi Mike, Have you re-run the device discovery wizard?
    >>

    >>"Mike" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I have a hp MSL5026 lib with two SDLT drives attached to a EVA5000 SAN.

    >>> One
    >>> drive failed and replaced. The master server OS (Win200) sees the new

    >>> drive
    >>> and it tests ok but the Netbackup does not. What do I need to do to get

    >>> this
    >>> to work? The software reports the drive down. Help.

  7. Re: replace drive in Netb 5

    Mike,

    What OS is the master server?

    If it is UNIX or SUN, you can run a ioscan and It will sink up all the attached
    devices. Are the drives connected with fibre? Netbackup is still recognizing
    the old connection and has to be told about the new one. The ioscan usually
    works.

    Thanks
    J.S.

    "Mike" wrote:

    >Where can I get this? I did a search of the Veritas support site and it

    came
    >up with no results. Thanks.
    >
    >"Glenda Sillo" wrote:
    >>
    >>Try downloading and running
    >>NetbackupTapeDeviceDriverInstall_276230.exe
    >>

    >>"Dave R" wrote:
    >>>Hi Mike, Have you re-run the device discovery wizard?
    >>>

    >>>"Mike" wrote in message

    get

+ Reply to Thread