Replacing fibre channel tape drive in STK L180 library - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Replacing fibre channel tape drive in STK L180 library - Veritas Net Backup ; One of the fibre channel drives in my StorageTek L180 library went bad and I had it replaced by StorageTek. My understanding for the procedure to follow on a Solaris 8 server running NB 5.1MP4 after replacing a drive was ...

  1. Replacing fibre channel tape drive in STK L180 library

    One of the fibre channel drives in my StorageTek L180 library went bad and
    I had it replaced by StorageTek. My understanding for the procedure to follow
    on a Solaris 8 server running NB 5.1MP4 after replacing a drive was to edit
    the file

    /kernel/drv/jnic146x.conf

    and replace the WWN of the failed drive with the WWN of the replacement and
    then run a reconfiguration reboot on the system. I have done this however
    I cannot see the drive. sgscan does not show the new tape drive however it
    does show up on the L180 web console where it can be tested and I can query
    its status with the tldtest utility. Does anyone know what I'm missing here?

    Thanks,

    Jamie Jamison

  2. Re: Replacing fibre channel tape drive in STK L180 library

    If sgscan cant see the new WWN then youre going nowhere fast.
    If cfgadm -al can see it, but its not configured, then
    cfgadm -c configure ??controller??:??wwn??
    to configure. sgscan should then be happier.

    If cfgadm -al cant see it then perhaps you need to configure the new device
    into the zone of interest...

    "Jamie Jamison" wrote:

    >One of the fibre channel drives in my StorageTek L180 library went bad and
    >I had it replaced by StorageTek. My understanding for the procedure to follow
    >on a Solaris 8 server running NB 5.1MP4 after replacing a drive was to edit
    >the file
    >
    >/kernel/drv/jnic146x.conf
    >
    >and replace the WWN of the failed drive with the WWN of the replacement

    and
    >then run a reconfiguration reboot on the system. I have done this however
    >I cannot see the drive. sgscan does not show the new tape drive however

    it
    >does show up on the L180 web console where it can be tested and I can query
    >its status with the tldtest utility. Does anyone know what I'm missing here?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Jamie Jamison

  3. Re: Replacing fibre channel tape drive in STK L180 library

    Try ioscan-fn

    "jim dalton" wrote:

    >If sgscan cant see the new WWN then youre going nowhere fast.
    >If cfgadm -al can see it, but its not configured, then
    >cfgadm -c configure ??controller??:??wwn??
    >to configure. sgscan should then be happier.
    >
    >If cfgadm -al cant see it then perhaps you need to configure the new device
    >into the zone of interest...
    >
    >"Jamie Jamison" wrote:
    >>
    >>One of the fibre channel drives in my StorageTek L180 library went bad

    and
    >>I had it replaced by StorageTek. My understanding for the procedure to

    follow
    >>on a Solaris 8 server running NB 5.1MP4 after replacing a drive was to

    edit
    >>the file
    >>
    >>/kernel/drv/jnic146x.conf
    >>
    >>and replace the WWN of the failed drive with the WWN of the replacement

    >and
    >>then run a reconfiguration reboot on the system. I have done this however
    >>I cannot see the drive. sgscan does not show the new tape drive however

    >it
    >>does show up on the L180 web console where it can be tested and I can query
    >>its status with the tldtest utility. Does anyone know what I'm missing

    here?

    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Jamie Jamison

+ Reply to Thread