Media write errors... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Media write errors... - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, I have had quite a few problems with my ADIC i2k robot. The robot uses IBM LTO-3 drives. It seems that NetBackup support allways says that the problem is hardware related and ADIC says the problem is NetBackup related. ...

  1. Media write errors...

    Hello,

    I have had quite a few problems with my ADIC i2k robot. The robot uses IBM
    LTO-3 drives. It seems that NetBackup support allways says that the problem
    is hardware related and ADIC says the problem is NetBackup related. If you
    have had similiar problems and have been able to resolve them I would be
    interested in what the problem was and what you did to fix it...

    Thanks!

    Kevin M

  2. Re: Media write errors...

    Kevin,
    IMHO, you're going to have to be much more specific about at least one
    problem, if you are to stand any chance of getting some help in here.
    We have nothing to go on... o/s version and service pack level, nbu
    version and level, the hardware used, the configuration (any special
    settings), the error codes, describe what you have tried to solve it,
    describe what the support teams say is the problem (but be sensitive to
    commercial in confidence requirements)...
    Just my one cents worth...
    Thanks,
    Dave.

    "Kevin M" wrote in message news:440cac13@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have had quite a few problems with my ADIC i2k robot. The robot uses IBM
    > LTO-3 drives. It seems that NetBackup support allways says that the
    > problem is hardware related and ADIC says the problem is NetBackup
    > related. If you have had similiar problems and have been able to resolve
    > them I would be interested in what the problem was and what you did to fix
    > it...
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Kevin M

  3. Re: Media write errors...

    D R pretended :
    > Kevin,
    > IMHO, you're going to have to be much more specific about at least one
    > problem, if you are to stand any chance of getting some help in here.
    > We have nothing to go on... o/s version and service pack level, nbu version
    > and level, the hardware used, the configuration (any special settings), the
    > error codes, describe what you have tried to solve it, describe what the
    > support teams say is the problem (but be sensitive to commercial in
    > confidence requirements)...
    > Just my one cents worth...
    > Thanks,
    > Dave.
    >

    > "Kevin M" wrote in message news:440cac13@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have had quite a few problems with my ADIC i2k robot. The robot uses IBM
    >> LTO-3 drives. It seems that NetBackup support allways says that the problem
    >> is hardware related and ADIC says the problem is NetBackup related. If you
    >> have had similiar problems and have been able to resolve them I would be
    >> interested in what the problem was and what you did to fix it...
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Kevin M

    ADIC ran some logs and found out that their are 2 bad drives. The
    finger pointing has ended. I was just wondering in a general sense if
    people were having problems with LTO-3 drive and ADIC. Your advise is
    good and I will be more specific in the future.

    Thanks!

    Kevin M

  4. Re: Media write errors...

    I also have problems with this same configuration where after about a day
    the master server stops seeing the ADIC drives and I have to reset the ADIC
    and master server. Still haven't figured this one out and yes I have both
    companies pointing fingers at each other. If I find anything I will let
    you know. What problems are you having?

    "Kevin M" wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >I have had quite a few problems with my ADIC i2k robot. The robot uses IBM

    >LTO-3 drives. It seems that NetBackup support allways says that the problem

    >is hardware related and ADIC says the problem is NetBackup related. If you

    >have had similiar problems and have been able to resolve them I would be

    >interested in what the problem was and what you did to fix it...
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >Kevin M

+ Reply to Thread