New Install NetBackup server and MM v6.0 on AIX5.2 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on New Install NetBackup server and MM v6.0 on AIX5.2 - Veritas Net Backup ; This is my first shot at installing NetBackup products on AIX 5.2. In the process I recieved the following during the install: The following package(s) are missing and must be installed before NetBackup can be installed: VRTSpbx The missing package(s) ...

  1. New Install NetBackup server and MM v6.0 on AIX5.2

    This is my first shot at installing NetBackup products on AIX 5.2. In the
    process I recieved the following during the install:

    The following package(s) are missing and must be
    installed before NetBackup can be installed:

    VRTSpbx

    The missing package(s) are located on the VERITAS
    Infrastructure Core Services (ICS) cdrom which is
    included in the NetBackup media kit. From a different
    window, unmount/eject the NetBackup cdrom and insert/mount
    the ICS cdrom. When the ICS cdrom has been properly
    mounted, files are visible and you are ready to
    proceed, enter the path name to the directory where the
    installics script is located followed by a to continue.
    This script will then install the missing package(s).

    OR

    Enter q to stop this install and abort.

    /cdrom

    Installing VRTSpbx...
    Can't call method "info" on an undefined value at VxIF/4.2.2.12/VxIF/Installer.p
    m line 231.

    The ICS install for VRTSpbx was unsuccessful.
    Quitting the NetBackup install.

    Anybody have this problem, and what was the solution?

    Thanks

  2. Re: New Install NetBackup server and MM v6.0 on AIX5.2

    Please install as a root of the system. The proble of "Can't call method info"
    will be gone.

    "Joe Lopez" wrote:

    >This is my first shot at installing NetBackup products on AIX 5.2. In the
    >process I recieved the following during the install:
    >
    >The following package(s) are missing and must be
    >installed before NetBackup can be installed:
    >
    >VRTSpbx
    >
    >The missing package(s) are located on the VERITAS
    >Infrastructure Core Services (ICS) cdrom which is
    >included in the NetBackup media kit. From a different
    >window, unmount/eject the NetBackup cdrom and insert/mount
    >the ICS cdrom. When the ICS cdrom has been properly
    >mounted, files are visible and you are ready to
    >proceed, enter the path name to the directory where the
    >installics script is located followed by a to continue.
    >This script will then install the missing package(s).
    >
    > OR
    >
    >Enter q to stop this install and abort.
    >
    >/cdrom
    >
    >Installing VRTSpbx...
    >Can't call method "info" on an undefined value at VxIF/4.2.2.12/VxIF/Installer.p
    >m line 231.
    >
    >The ICS install for VRTSpbx was unsuccessful.
    >Quitting the NetBackup install.
    >
    >Anybody have this problem, and what was the solution?
    >
    >Thanks

  3. Re: New Install NetBackup server and MM v6.0 on AIX5.2

    hello,

    I just solved this problem like this :
    - set a hostname (/etc/host)
    - changed my dns config
    then it worked.

    Good luck.

    "Jian Kun Guan" wrote:

    >Please install as a root of the system. The proble of "Can't call method

    info"
    >will be gone.
    >
    >"Joe Lopez" wrote:
    >>
    >>This is my first shot at installing NetBackup products on AIX 5.2. In the
    >>process I recieved the following during the install:
    >>
    >>The following package(s) are missing and must be
    >>installed before NetBackup can be installed:
    >>
    >>VRTSpbx
    >>
    >>The missing package(s) are located on the VERITAS
    >>Infrastructure Core Services (ICS) cdrom which is
    >>included in the NetBackup media kit. From a different
    >>window, unmount/eject the NetBackup cdrom and insert/mount
    >>the ICS cdrom. When the ICS cdrom has been properly
    >>mounted, files are visible and you are ready to
    >>proceed, enter the path name to the directory where the
    >>installics script is located followed by a to continue.
    >>This script will then install the missing package(s).
    >>
    >> OR
    >>
    >>Enter q to stop this install and abort.
    >>
    >>/cdrom
    >>
    >>Installing VRTSpbx...
    >>Can't call method "info" on an undefined value at VxIF/4.2.2.12/VxIF/Installer.p
    >>m line 231.
    >>
    >>The ICS install for VRTSpbx was unsuccessful.
    >>Quitting the NetBackup install.
    >>
    >>Anybody have this problem, and what was the solution?
    >>
    >>Thanks

+ Reply to Thread