ERR - <CDBbackrec::CDBbackrec> failed with error <6> - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on ERR - <CDBbackrec::CDBbackrec> failed with error <6> - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi I get this error message when trying to back up a sql database: ERR - failed with error . The text follows: CONTINUATION: - The system cannot find the file specified. ERR - failed with error . The text ...

  1. ERR - <CDBbackrec::CDBbackrec> failed with error <6>

    Hi

    I get this error message when trying to back up a sql database:

    ERR - failed with error <6>. The text follows:
    CONTINUATION: - The system cannot find the file specified.
    ERR - failed with error <6>. The text follows:
    CONTINUATION: - The handle used to associate this call with a previous
    VxBSAInit() call is invalid.
    INF - Results of executing :

    <0> operations succeeded. <0> operations failed.

    Netbackup ver 5.01 mp3 on windows 2003 server.

  2. Re: ERR - <CDBbackrec::CDBbackrec> failed with error <6>

    "Herman Ohlsson" wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I get this error message when trying to back up a sql database:
    >

    >ERR - failed with error <6>. The text follows:
    > CONTINUATION: - The system cannot find the file specified.
    >ERR - failed with error <6>. The text follows:
    > CONTINUATION: - The handle used to associate this call with a previous
    >VxBSAInit() call is invalid.
    >INF - Results of executing :
    >
    ><0> operations succeeded. <0> operations failed.
    >
    >Netbackup ver 5.01 mp3 on windows 2003 server.

    This error typically means NB cannot find the SQL batch file on the path
    listed. The default location of SQL scripts don't have the "temp" directory.
    But in any case, double-check your policy to make sure the path to the batch
    file [as well as the name] matches what you've got on the client.

    If that's OK, you may want to try getting rid of the "_" characters and just
    use the default ["backall.bch"].

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread