Exclude deleted files from Restore - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Exclude deleted files from Restore - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi all, Server W2K, NB 5.1 MP 4 When I restore a Serverbackup I select the last Full-Backup and the latest incremental Backup. After this restore all files are at the server, including the ones, wich maybe was deleted after ...

  1. Exclude deleted files from Restore

    Hi all,
    Server W2K, NB 5.1 MP 4
    When I restore a Serverbackup I select the last Full-Backup and the latest
    incremental Backup. After this restore all files are at the server, including
    the ones, wich maybe was deleted after the Full-Backup. The incremental Backup
    only knows the changed files, not the files wich was deleted.
    Is there a way to make something like a Point in Time restore wich automatically
    excludes the files that was deleted between the full and the incremental
    Backup?

    TIA

    Wolfgang

  2. Re: Exclude deleted files from Restore

    "Wolfgang" wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >Server W2K, NB 5.1 MP 4
    >When I restore a Serverbackup I select the last Full-Backup and the latest
    >incremental Backup. After this restore all files are at the server, including
    >the ones, wich maybe was deleted after the Full-Backup. The incremental

    Backup
    >only knows the changed files, not the files wich was deleted.
    >Is there a way to make something like a Point in Time restore wich automatically
    >excludes the files that was deleted between the full and the incremental
    >Backup?
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Wolfgang

    Wolfgang,

    I believe you need to enable TIR [True Image Restore] possibly with move
    detection on your backups.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread