Copying Tapes for off-site storage - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Copying Tapes for off-site storage - Veritas Net Backup ; What is the best way to do this? In Legato we used the "clone" feature that would copy our FULL backup tape and send it offsite, however I don't see anything like this in Netbackup. What is the best way ...

  1. Copying Tapes for off-site storage

    What is the best way to do this? In Legato we used the "clone" feature that
    would copy our FULL backup tape and send it offsite, however I don't see
    anything like this in Netbackup.

    What is the best way to go about this?

    Thanks!

    - Ben

  2. Re: Copying Tapes for off-site storage

    Hi Ben,
    The vault (offsite) module has a duplication stage. Or you could purchase
    an "in line copy" licence and write two copies at the same time, which is
    what we do.
    Regards,
    Dave.

  3. Re: Copying Tapes for off-site storage

    "Ben Liebowitz" wrote:

    >What is the best way to do this? In Legato we used the "clone" feature

    that
    >would copy our FULL backup tape and send it offsite, however I don't see
    >anything like this in Netbackup.
    >
    >What is the best way to go about this?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >- Ben

    Ben,

    If you're doing high volume duplication you might want to consider buying
    the Vault option. You can set it up to copy any client/policy based on date/type
    of backup [ie FULL] criteria and it will eject the tapes and create reports
    automatically.

    If you don't need that much capability, you just go into the "Catalog" section
    of the admin console, change the pulldown to "Duplicate", find the image
    of interest, and right-click and say "Duplicate...".

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread