Netbackup can not mount tape - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup can not mount tape - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi Gurus, I just installed Netbackup on a windows server and I have also run the required first time wizard for storage, policy and other configurations. But each time he tries to do a manual backup, Netbackup hangs at the ...

  1. Netbackup can not mount tape

    Hi Gurus,

    I just installed Netbackup on a windows server and I have also run the required
    first time wizard for storage, policy and other configurations. But each
    time he tries to do a manual backup, Netbackup hangs at the point of mounting
    tape.

    What is the likely problem ?

    Best regards

    Waheed

  2. Re: Netbackup can not mount tape

    "Waheed Adeoye" wrote:

    >Hi Gurus,
    >
    >I just installed Netbackup on a windows server and I have also run the required
    >first time wizard for storage, policy and other configurations. But each
    >time he tries to do a manual backup, Netbackup hangs at the point of mounting
    >tape.
    >
    >What is the likely problem ?
    >
    >Best regards
    >
    >Waheed

    Waheed,

    You need to figure out whether it's a hardware problem [cabling, tape,
    drive] or a configuration problem [drive mapping, etc.].

    In UNIX, I can run "robtest" and manually put a tape in a drive. If the
    same tool exists on Windows, use it to at least determine if the drive will
    accept tapes [maybe the tape is in upside-down in the slot?].

    There should also be a command to allow you to write directly to the tape
    drive. Try this. If successful, it means the hardware is OK and it's most
    likely a configuration problem.

    Look in the various logs [bpbrm, bptm, etc.] for additional information about
    why the job is failing.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread