Question on adding client software to server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Question on adding client software to server - Veritas Net Backup ; Greetings, I am running NB 6.0MP1, I need to add the solaris client to the master server so that the dropdown list in the client policies shows solaris. The doc says to "rerun the installation script on the server and ...

  1. Question on adding client software to server

    Greetings,

    I am running NB 6.0MP1, I need to add the solaris client to the master server
    so that the dropdown list in the client policies shows solaris. The doc
    says to "rerun the installation script on the server and choose the option
    to install client software"...what does this mean? I tried to rerun the
    server install from the cd, but it was going to reinstall the server software,
    I know I must be missing a fundamental here.

    Thanks

    JC

  2. Re: Question on adding client software to server

    "J Cirelli" wrote:

    >Greetings,
    >
    >I am running NB 6.0MP1, I need to add the solaris client to the master server
    >so that the dropdown list in the client policies shows solaris. The doc
    >says to "rerun the installation script on the server and choose the option
    >to install client software"...what does this mean? I tried to rerun the
    >server install from the cd, but it was going to reinstall the server software,
    >I know I must be missing a fundamental here.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >JC

    If memory servers, when you run the installer from the server CD, it gives
    you the option of installing server SW or client SW. I think this is what
    the instructions are referring to.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread