Upgrading Netbackup Data Center 4.5 MP9 to Netbackup Enterprise Server 5.1 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Upgrading Netbackup Data Center 4.5 MP9 to Netbackup Enterprise Server 5.1 - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi All We are running netbackup data center 4.5 on Redhat AS 2.1, and we would like to upgrade to latest 5.1 Netbackup Enterprise Server. Would some one please post the upgrade steps/instructions needs to be taken care for the ...

  1. Upgrading Netbackup Data Center 4.5 MP9 to Netbackup Enterprise Server 5.1

    Hi All

    We are running netbackup data center 4.5 on Redhat AS 2.1, and we would like
    to upgrade to latest 5.1 Netbackup Enterprise Server.

    Would some one please post the upgrade steps/instructions needs to be taken
    care for the upgrade or any upgrade documentation is available to go through
    the steps.

    Does existing 4.5 License key will work with 5.1 upgrade or required new
    license key?.

    We are on Dell Poweredge server connected through Fiber Channel and using
    Dell Power Vault 132T SDLT tape libray. We are sharing the drive amongs all
    media server.

    Thanks

    Kaushik Lad
    klad@journalregister.com

  2. Re: Upgrading Netbackup Data Center 4.5 MP9 to NetbackupEnterprise Server 5.1

    in article 43c7eb32@ROSASTDMZ05., Kaushik Lad at klad@journalregister.com
    wrote on 1/13/06 10:02 AM:

    > Hi All
    >
    > We are running netbackup data center 4.5 on Redhat AS 2.1, and we would like
    > to upgrade to latest 5.1 Netbackup Enterprise Server.
    >
    > Would some one please post the upgrade steps/instructions needs to be taken
    > care for the upgrade or any upgrade documentation is available to go through
    > the steps.
    >
    > Does existing 4.5 License key will work with 5.1 upgrade or required new
    > license key?.
    >
    > We are on Dell Poweredge server connected through Fiber Channel and using
    > Dell Power Vault 132T SDLT tape libray. We are sharing the drive amongs all
    > media server.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Kaushik Lad
    > klad@journalregister.com