NB 5.1 - Vault Question about incoming tapes - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NB 5.1 - Vault Question about incoming tapes - Veritas Net Backup ; Ok, everyday I get tapes loaded into my silo for me by the data center. I want to make sure before I start vaulting that all tapes are injected. Well, I saw the command vltinject, but it requires someone to ...

  1. NB 5.1 - Vault Question about incoming tapes

    Ok, everyday I get tapes loaded into my silo for me by the data center. I
    want to make sure before I start vaulting that all tapes are injected.

    Well, I saw the command vltinject, but it requires someone to hit enter!
    So I can not add it to my vault korn script.

    Does anybody have an automated way to check back in tapes returning from
    the vault?

  2. Re: NB 5.1 - Vault Question about incoming tapes

    My Vault people have a web page that, among other things, does the
    following command (all on one line in the script language of your
    choice) to inject tape media in the access port:

    /opt/openv/volmgr/bin/vmupdate -rt tld -rn 0 -rh ash -h ash
    -involgrp unet -outvolgrp shibles -p dup -use_barcode_rules
    -empty_map

    Of course, everything above that doesn't begin with a dash ("-") needs
    to be altered for your site.

    cheers, wayne

    Kevin Whittaker wrote, in part, on 1/12/2006 12:40 PM:
    > Ok, everyday I get tapes loaded into my silo for me by the data center. I
    > want to make sure before I start vaulting that all tapes are injected.
    >
    > Well, I saw the command vltinject, but it requires someone to hit enter!
    > So I can not add it to my vault korn script.
    >
    > Does anybody have an automated way to check back in tapes returning from
    > the vault?

+ Reply to Thread