master server renamed - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on master server renamed - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello. My place of business has renamed the master server physically, is there a way that I can rename the server in Netbackup without having to uninstall/re-install? Thanks JP:A...

  1. master server renamed

    Hello.

    My place of business has renamed the master server physically, is there a
    way that I can rename the server in Netbackup without having to uninstall/re-install?

    Thanks

    JP:A

  2. Re: master server renamed

    JPA wrote, in part:
    > My place of business has renamed the master server physically, is there a
    > way that I can rename the server in Netbackup without having to uninstall/re-install?

    They should have talked to you before doing that!

    I'd have them put the old name back (for now) and contact Veritas
    support to investigate your possibilities. There's lots of discussion
    on this subject in the archives of the newsgroups and mailing list.

    cheers, wayne

+ Reply to Thread