Run script before schedule Run - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Run script before schedule Run - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I am a new in NetBackup Technology. I have a NetBackup 5.0 Master Server MP5 run in Linux (Redhat ES 3) and Netbackup Client 5.0 in other Linux Machine. Is there a way to NetBackup run a Command or ...

  1. Run script before schedule Run

    Hi, I am a new in NetBackup Technology.

    I have a NetBackup 5.0 Master Server MP5 run in Linux (Redhat ES 3) and Netbackup
    Client 5.0 in other Linux Machine.

    Is there a way to NetBackup run a Command or script before a schedule bring
    up?

    Thank a lot for some help

    Ronaldo Costa

  2. Re: Run script before schedule Run

    Yes,

    Look for the file bpstart_notify and bpend_notify. the instruction is in
    this two file.

    Basically, you create these two files on your client server...

    You can also do a search in google for bpstart_notify, you will find plenty
    of documents on it.

    "Ronaldo Costa" wrote in message

    > Hi, I am a new in NetBackup Technology.
    >
    > I have a NetBackup 5.0 Master Server MP5 run in Linux (Redhat ES 3) and

    Netbackup
    > Client 5.0 in other Linux Machine.
    >
    > Is there a way to NetBackup run a Command or script before a schedule

    bring
    > up?
    >
    > Thank a lot for some help
    >
    > Ronaldo Costa