Use tape drive on another machine - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Use tape drive on another machine - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi! Is it possible to use a tape drive at another machine which is not installed as a Media server? I.e use a clients tape drive. The platform is Netbackup 5.0 and Windows 2000. Leif...

  1. Use tape drive on another machine

    Hi!

    Is it possible to use a tape drive at another machine which is not installed
    as a Media server?
    I.e use a clients tape drive. The platform is Netbackup 5.0 and Windows
    2000.

    Leif

  2. Re: Use tape drive on another machine

    No, this is not possible..

    "Leif Johansson" wrote:
    >Hi!
    >
    >Is it possible to use a tape drive at another machine which is not installed

    >as a Media server?
    >I.e use a clients tape drive. The platform is Netbackup 5.0 and Windows

    >2000.
    >
    >Leif

  3. Re: Use tape drive on another machine

    Ok.. stupid question..

    "Comtec17" skrev i meddelandet

    > No, this is not possible..
    >

    > "Leif Johansson" wrote:
    >>Hi!
    >>
    >>Is it possible to use a tape drive at another machine which is not
    >>installed

    >>as a Media server?
    >>I.e use a clients tape drive. The platform is Netbackup 5.0 and Windows

    >>2000.
    >>
    >>Leif

  4. Re: Use tape drive on another machine

    Leif Johansson wrote, in part:
    > Ok.. stupid question..

    Ahhh, but every so often a "stupid question" will result in a new way of
    looking at a situation and a pleasant surprise!

    cheers, wayne

+ Reply to Thread