Disaster Recovery - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Disaster Recovery - Veritas Net Backup ; Ryan wrote, in part, on 12/7/2005 1:58 PM: > Was wondering if anyone had some simple DR instructions for recovering a Solaris > Server. > > We are implementing a DR test in a couple of weeks. I have the ...

  1. Re: Disaster Recovery

    Ryan wrote, in part, on 12/7/2005 1:58 PM:
    > Was wondering if anyone had some simple DR instructions for recovering a Solaris
    > Server.
    >
    > We are implementing a DR test in a couple of weeks. I have the backup tape
    > ready the the hardware will be the same in the DR environment as we have
    > in production. The OS will be pre-loaded.
    >
    > All I know right now is to install the Netbackup software. Need to know what
    > needs to be done from there.

    Big job ahead! ;-)

    See Chapter 7, "Disaster Recovery", in the Troubleshooting Guide.

    (Often missed: be sure that your catalog backups have *all*
    configuration files, or that you have all configuration files squirreled
    away and available at your test site).

    (Plan, plan, plan! Have specific goals in mind and writing, and
    procedures to attain the goals. Do as much as you can at the DR site,
    they have an autopsy to see how to do it better the next time).

    cheers, wayne

  2. Disaster Recovery

    Was wondering if anyone had some simple DR instructions for recovering a Solaris
    Server.

    We are implementing a DR test in a couple of weeks. I have the backup tape
    ready the the hardware will be the same in the DR environment as we have
    in production. The OS will be pre-loaded.

    All I know right now is to install the Netbackup software. Need to know what
    needs to be done from there.

+ Reply to Thread