VSPCache7.vsp - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on VSPCache7.vsp - Veritas Net Backup ; Johnny wrote, in part, on 12/7/2005 1:30 PM: > Hi > Can anyone tell me what this file is, I have found it on a workstation that > has Net Backup Client 4.5 installed, the file itself is 3.6GB and ...

  1. Re: VSPCache7.vsp

    Johnny wrote, in part, on 12/7/2005 1:30 PM:
    > Hi
    > Can anyone tell me what this file is, I have found it on a workstation that
    > has Net Backup Client 4.5 installed, the file itself is 3.6GB and heavily
    > fragmented, I only noticed it during a defrag. Can it be cleared out or deleted?

    Assuming a backup is not currently running, the file may be discarded.
    It is created by the VSP portion of NetBackup (Windows Open-File Backup)
    and normally discarded at the end of a backup.

    Unfortunately, you may have trouble discarding it, as it may be "in
    use". In this case, a reboot will make it available for discard. There
    is a program/procedure to discard these files w/o reboot, but I'm
    unfamiliar with it.

    cheers, wayne

  2. VSPCache7.vsp

    Hi
    Can anyone tell me what this file is, I have found it on a workstation that
    has Net Backup Client 4.5 installed, the file itself is 3.6GB and heavily
    fragmented, I only noticed it during a defrag. Can it be cleared out or deleted?

+ Reply to Thread