6.1 Release date anyone? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on 6.1 Release date anyone? - Veritas Net Backup ; Im looking to move Netbackup ES versions without having to go through the pain of patching and patching again , so Im wondering if 6.1 is on the cards (Server=unix) and whether it'll fix the java vulns in various components( ...

  1. 6.1 Release date anyone?

    Im looking to move Netbackup ES versions without having to go through the
    pain of patching and patching again , so Im wondering if 6.1 is on the cards
    (Server=unix) and whether it'll fix the java vulns in various components(
    rg admin GUI) and also the coverage hole that was fixed using 3A ( it reported
    it backed up everything, but in fact missed out lumps of the filesystem -
    ouch).
    If anyone has news of a patched up version in the pipeline I'd be very receptive
    to the dates .Thanks in advance,Jim

  2. Re: 6.1 Release date anyone?

    jim dalton wrote:
    > Im looking to move Netbackup ES versions without having to go through the
    > pain of patching and patching again , so Im wondering if 6.1 is on the cards
    > (Server=unix) and whether it'll fix the java vulns in various components(
    > rg admin GUI) and also the coverage hole that was fixed using 3A ( it reported
    > it backed up everything, but in fact missed out lumps of the filesystem -
    > ouch).
    > If anyone has news of a patched up version in the pipeline I'd be very receptive
    > to the dates .Thanks in advance,Jim

    I don't know about any v6.1, but MP1 for v6.0 is due out late this month.

    cheers, wayne

  3. Re: 6.1 Release date anyone?

    -
    >> ouch).
    >> If anyone has news of a patched up version in the pipeline I'd be very

    receptive
    >> to the dates .Thanks in advance,Jim

    >I don't know about any v6.1, but MP1 for v6.0 is due out late this month.
    >
    >cheers, wayne

    Jim, Wayne,

    6.0 is available and as long as you dont have a database to convert and you
    have enough Horsepower to run it (do a bpps -a on it youll see what i mean)
    then upgrade to the 6.0 version, I personaly think its kinda buggy and should
    not be installed until the first MP comes out, there is one out for the JAVA
    but thats it only fixes security.

    Just my thoughts.

    JD

  4. Re: 6.1 Release date anyone?

    I was told it would come on in March 2006 but I couldn't wait that long so
    updated to 6.0 using Silent command then silent patched it.

    HTH

+ Reply to Thread