Media server hardare/hostname change - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Media server hardare/hostname change - Veritas Net Backup ; GReetings, Solaris 2.9 Netbackup Enterprise Server v5.1 I've got a remote system currently acting as Netbackup media server. It's going to be replaced with new Sun HW, and I'm going to be forced to chage the hostname along with it. ...

  1. Media server hardare/hostname change

    GReetings,

    Solaris 2.9
    Netbackup Enterprise Server v5.1

    I've got a remote system currently acting as Netbackup media server. It's
    going to be replaced with new Sun HW, and I'm going to be forced to chage
    the hostname along with it. Is it as simple as copying over the proper files
    and connecting the existing tape drive to the new hardware, then installing
    Netbackup enterpise 5.0, upgrading to 5.1 as media server? Or is the hostname
    change make the existing data files useless? If so, what other options would
    I have...? Master server will not be touched.

    Thx in advance!

  2. Re: Media server hardare/hostname change

    "PeterV" wrote:

    >GReetings,
    >
    >Solaris 2.9
    >Netbackup Enterprise Server v5.1
    >
    >I've got a remote system currently acting as Netbackup media server. It's
    >going to be replaced with new Sun HW, and I'm going to be forced to chage
    >the hostname along with it. Is it as simple as copying over the proper files
    >and connecting the existing tape drive to the new hardware, then installing
    >Netbackup enterpise 5.0, upgrading to 5.1 as media server? Or is the hostname
    >change make the existing data files useless? If so, what other options would
    >I have...? Master server will not be touched.
    >
    >Thx in advance!

    Peter,

    in the vm.conf file, on the new server put.

    root@master-/usr/openv/volmgr # more vm.conf
    DO_NOT_EJECT_STANDALONE
    KNOWN = master_server
    REFRESH_RATE = 60
    SCRATCH_POOL = Spare_tapes
    FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = old_server_name new_server_name
    DEVICE_HOST = new_server_name

+ Reply to Thread