perormance tuning for windows - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on perormance tuning for windows - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi all, I have installed Netbackup6.0 on a windows host(master server). I don't have any media servers or clients. But here I have configured windows host as NBU server and another solaris host as EMM server. I am getting very ...

  1. perormance tuning for windows

    Hi all,

    I have installed Netbackup6.0 on a windows host(master server). I don't have
    any media servers or clients. But here I have configured windows host as
    NBU server and another solaris host as EMM server.

    I am getting very less throughput comparing with Netbackup5.1 version. Performance
    is very less. I haven't done any performance tuning for the windows host.
    Windows host is very good h/w configured.

    Processor: 2x3.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 (dual processors)
    Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
    Physical memory: 3GB
    S/W: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition Service Pack 1 (build 3790)
    HBA: QLogic Fibre Channel Adapter (2x) 2342

    Could you please guide me how improve the performance with the windows host.

    Thanks,
    Mallik

  2. Re: perormance tuning for windows

    in article 438cfe35@ROSASTDMZ05., Mallik Challa at mallik.challa@sun.com
    wrote on 11/29/05 5:19 PM:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have installed Netbackup6.0 on a windows host(master server). I don't have
    > any media servers or clients. But here I have configured windows host as
    > NBU server and another solaris host as EMM server.
    >
    > I am getting very less throughput comparing with Netbackup5.1 version.
    > Performance
    > is very less. I haven't done any performance tuning for the windows host.
    > Windows host is very good h/w configured.
    >
    > Processor: 2x3.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 (dual processors)
    > Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
    > Physical memory: 3GB
    > S/W: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition Service Pack 1 (build 3790)
    > HBA: QLogic Fibre Channel Adapter (2x) 2342
    >
    > Could you please guide me how improve the performance with the windows host.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mallik

    Use Sun equipment instead? I can't find any performance tuning documents for
    6.0 specifically, but this may be of help.

  3. Re: perormance tuning for windows

    ps wrote:
    >in article 438cfe35@ROSASTDMZ05., Mallik Challa at mallik.challa@sun.com
    >wrote on 11/29/05 5:19 PM:
    >

    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have installed Netbackup6.0 on a windows host(master server). I don't

    have
    >> any media servers or clients. But here I have configured windows host

    as
    >> NBU server and another solaris host as EMM server.
    >>
    >> I am getting very less throughput comparing with Netbackup5.1 version.
    >> Performance
    >> is very less. I haven't done any performance tuning for the windows host.
    >> Windows host is very good h/w configured.
    >>
    >> Processor: 2x3.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 (dual processors)
    >> Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
    >> Physical memory: 3GB
    >> S/W: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition Service Pack 1 (build 3790)
    >> HBA: QLogic Fibre Channel Adapter (2x) 2342
    >>
    >> Could you please guide me how improve the performance with the windows

    host.

    >> Thanks,
    >> Mallik

    >Use Sun equipment instead? I can't find any performance tuning documents

    for
    >6.0 specifically, but this may be of help.
    >
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/244652.htm

    I tried by changing some of the parameters using the above link, but still
    it didn't help me. I want to tune the windows machine, wil solaris i am able
    to get good throughput.

+ Reply to Thread