Netbackup 5.1mp3 upgrade problems - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup 5.1mp3 upgrade problems - Veritas Net Backup ; we recently upgraded our Netbackup Enterprise box from v5.1a to 5.1mp3a. All clients have been patched accordingly. However, we have noticed that jobs don't appear to be ending correctly and as a result subsequent jobs queue behind these jobs and ...

  1. Netbackup 5.1mp3 upgrade problems

    we recently upgraded our Netbackup Enterprise box from v5.1a to 5.1mp3a.
    All clients have been patched accordingly. However, we have noticed that
    jobs don't appear to be ending correctly and as a result subsequent jobs
    queue behind these jobs and then the box requires intervention (shutdown
    all processes or a reboot). When we check the job history the job may have
    finished writing at say 2am but is still "active" at 9am and doesn't appear
    to be doing anything. This doesn't appear to happen to all jobs but we haven't
    found a trend yet for certain jobs.

    Any suggestions as to whats causing this problem?

    TIA
    Al

  2. Re: Netbackup 5.1mp3 upgrade problems

    "Al" wrote:

    >we recently upgraded our Netbackup Enterprise box from v5.1a to 5.1mp3a.
    >All clients have been patched accordingly. However, we have noticed that
    >jobs don't appear to be ending correctly and as a result subsequent jobs
    >queue behind these jobs and then the box requires intervention (shutdown
    >all processes or a reboot). When we check the job history the job may have
    >finished writing at say 2am but is still "active" at 9am and doesn't appear
    >to be doing anything. This doesn't appear to happen to all jobs but we haven't
    >found a trend yet for certain jobs.
    >
    >Any suggestions as to whats causing this problem?
    >
    >TIA
    >Al

    Al,

    Are you getting messages like "Message Queue Removed" or "could not write
    FILE ADDED message to sterr"? I just ran into this 2 days ago where a host
    of jobs just stopped in the middle and stayed there. Jobs launched after
    did OK. Veritas told me it's a problem addressed by MP4 that they thought
    they had taken care of in MP3.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread