Install additional Netbackup packaged on existing server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Install additional Netbackup packaged on existing server - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm attampting to add NDMP to an existing Netbackup Master server on Solaris 8. I've added the key and try to install NDMP. The NB6 NDMP Manual instructions page 20 indicate to insert the cdrom and cd to /cdrom/nb_60_solaris and ...

  1. Install additional Netbackup packaged on existing server

    I'm attampting to add NDMP to an existing Netbackup Master server on Solaris
    8. I've added the key and try to install NDMP.

    The NB6 NDMP Manual instructions page 20 indicate to insert the cdrom and cd

    /cdrom/nb_60_solaris and type ./install

    However. I get the reply indicating I need to run this directly from root,
    so I move to root / and type

    /cdrom/nb_60_solaris/install

    The install script will not allow for additional packages as indicated in
    the NB6 NDMP Manual. It will only re-install Netbackup.

    kwb

  2. Re: Install additional Netbackup packaged on existing server

    "Kirk Batzer" wrote:
    >I'm attampting to add NDMP to an existing Netbackup Master server on Solaris

    >8. I've added the key and try to install NDMP.
    >
    >The NB6 NDMP Manual instructions page 20 indicate to insert the cdrom and

    cd

    >/cdrom/nb_60_solaris and type ./install
    >
    >However. I get the reply indicating I need to run this directly from root,

    >so I move to root / and type
    >
    >/cdrom/nb_60_solaris/install
    >
    >The install script will not allow for additional packages as indicated in

    >the NB6 NDMP Manual. It will only re-install Netbackup.
    >
    >kwb

    Kirk,

    I have instlled the NDMP option using the CD named "UNIX and Linux Options"
    for 6.0 this cd has Oracle SAP NDMP and BMR and so on.

    when you pfs_mount the cdrom
    you should cd into it and see... three things

    "ADD" directory
    "DBA" directory
    and
    the "install" script

    when the cd is mounted do
    cd /
    /mountpoint/install
    then it will gives you a boat load of choices, one being NDMP.

    JD

+ Reply to Thread