Disk staging maximum fragment size. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Disk staging maximum fragment size. - Veritas Net Backup ; We have implemented disk staging, and I was wondering if anyone has tested changing the deafult maximum fragment size (2 GB) to get the best backup speed to there DSSU storage unit. We have the DSSU storage unit on our ...

  1. Disk staging maximum fragment size.

    We have implemented disk staging, and I was wondering if anyone has tested
    changing the deafult maximum fragment size (2 GB) to get the best backup
    speed to there DSSU storage unit. We have the DSSU storage unit on our EMC
    SAN, using ATA disk drives, which is attached to are Master server which
    is a Windows 2000 operating system.

    Thanks,

    Brian

  2. Re: Disk staging maximum fragment size.

    "Brian Johnson" wrote:

    >We have implemented disk staging, and I was wondering if anyone has tested
    >changing the deafult maximum fragment size (2 GB) to get the best backup
    >speed to there DSSU storage unit. We have the DSSU storage unit on our EMC
    >SAN, using ATA disk drives, which is attached to are Master server which
    >is a Windows 2000 operating system.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Brian

    Restores will be quicker if you leave it a 2 gig.