VCS problem after NetBackup integration with Cluster Software - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on VCS problem after NetBackup integration with Cluster Software - Veritas Net Backup ; Following the installation of NetBackup 5.1 to /usr/openv (standard location). I ran the 'cluster' script to integrate it with my existing VCS clustered environment. However the following now appears every time I run the dump command $ haconf -dump -makero ...

  1. VCS problem after NetBackup integration with Cluster Software

    Following the installation of NetBackup 5.1 to /usr/openv (standard location).
    I ran the 'cluster' script to integrate it with my existing VCS clustered
    environment. However the following now appears every time I run the dump
    command $ haconf -dump -makero
    Error in /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log
    TAG_B 2005/10/18 10:50:55 VCS:10061:Config dump to disk failed with message:
    VCS:12105:Cannot open output /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cluster/vcs/NetBackupTypes.cf.18Oct2005.10:50:55
    1. Has anyone seen this before ?
    2. Is this preventing cluster configuration changes to be made on all nodes
    in my cluster?
    3. What is this file used for and why does the date/time periodically update?
    4. How can this be resolved ?
    Help appreciated !!!

  2. Re: VCS problem after NetBackup integration with Cluster Software

    "Elaine" wrote:

    >Following the installation of NetBackup 5.1 to /usr/openv (standard location).
    >I ran the 'cluster' script to integrate it with my existing VCS clustered
    >environment. However the following now appears every time I run the dump
    >command $ haconf -dump -makero
    >Error in /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log
    >TAG_B 2005/10/18 10:50:55 VCS:10061:Config dump to disk failed with message:
    >VCS:12105:Cannot open output /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cluster/vcs/NetBackupTypes.cf.18Oct2005.10:50:55
    >1. Has anyone seen this before ?
    >2. Is this preventing cluster configuration changes to be made on all nodes
    >in my cluster?
    >3. What is this file used for and why does the date/time periodically update?
    >4. How can this be resolved ?
    >Help appreciated !!!

    Is this file and or directory tree available or better yet can you see the
    file?

    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cluster/vcs/NetBackupTypes.cf.18Oct2005.10:50:55
    server#more /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cluster/vcs/NetBackupTypes.cf.18Oct2005.10:50:55

    server#cd /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cluster/vcs/

    Check the permissions on the tree and the file, are you running this as root?

    Is VCS installed correctly?

    JD

+ Reply to Thread