NDMP-client fails after upgrading to 5.1mp3a - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NDMP-client fails after upgrading to 5.1mp3a - Veritas Net Backup ; After upgrading our Solaris Master Backup Server and Media Servers to 5.1 MP3A, all NDMP-clients fail. The dedicated tape drives are constantly down. Robtest tells me to "make sure /usr/openv/lib/libndmpclient.so is present". This file exists, but is a bit old. ...

  1. NDMP-client fails after upgrading to 5.1mp3a

    After upgrading our Solaris Master Backup Server and Media Servers to 5.1
    MP3A, all NDMP-clients fail. The dedicated tape drives are constantly down.
    Robtest tells me to "make sure /usr/openv/lib/libndmpclient.so is present".
    This file exists, but is a bit old.
    When uninstalling MP3A everything is back to normal.
    Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

  2. Re: NDMP-client fails after upgrading to 5.1mp3a

    "Randi Emmaus" wrote:

    >After upgrading our Solaris Master Backup Server and Media Servers to 5.1
    >MP3A, all NDMP-clients fail. The dedicated tape drives are constantly down.
    >Robtest tells me to "make sure /usr/openv/lib/libndmpclient.so is present".
    >This file exists, but is a bit old.
    >When uninstalling MP3A everything is back to normal.
    >Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

    There is a additional NDMP patch for this library.

    JD

  3. Re: NDMP-client fails after upgrading to 5.1mp3a

    "Randi Emmaus" wrote:

    >After upgrading our Solaris Master Backup Server and Media Servers to 5.1
    >MP3A, all NDMP-clients fail. The dedicated tape drives are constantly down.
    >Robtest tells me to "make sure /usr/openv/lib/libndmpclient.so is present".
    >This file exists, but is a bit old.
    >When uninstalling MP3A everything is back to normal.
    >Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

    Maintenance Pack NB_DMP_51_3_M.solaris.tar was missing.

+ Reply to Thread