bpclntcmd Status 23 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on bpclntcmd Status 23 - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm trying to troubleshoot connectivity issues with a windows server. When the admin run the bpclntcmd -pn, it returns a status 23. I can't find an explanation of status codes anywhere in any of the manuals. Does anyone know where ...

  1. bpclntcmd Status 23

    I'm trying to troubleshoot connectivity issues with a windows server. When
    the admin run the bpclntcmd -pn, it returns a status 23. I can't find an
    explanation of status codes anywhere in any of the manuals. Does anyone know
    where this can be found ???

  2. Re: bpclntcmd Status 23

    The status codes and suggested causes and actions are in the
    Troubleshooting Guide for Unix and Windows. In addition, several common
    status codes now have their own document on the Veritas/Symantec web
    support site (but not 23, last I looked).

    cheers, wayne

    DaveK wrote:
    > I'm trying to troubleshoot connectivity issues with a windows server. When
    > the admin run the bpclntcmd -pn, it returns a status 23. I can't find an
    > explanation of status codes anywhere in any of the manuals. Does anyone know
    > where this can be found ???

  3. Re: bpclntcmd Status 23

    "DaveK" wrote:

    >I'm trying to troubleshoot connectivity issues with a windows server. When
    >the admin run the bpclntcmd -pn, it returns a status 23. I can't find an
    >explanation of status codes anywhere in any of the manuals. Does anyone

    know
    >where this can be found ???

    In this case I would bypass bpclntcmd altogether and just do it the old-fashioned
    way. From the client:

    nslookup master_server_hostname
    ping master_server_hostname

    nslookup media_server_hostname
    ping media_server_hostname

    nslookup media_server's_IP
    ping media_server's_IP

    Make sure the media server in the policy matches what's configured in the
    client.

    A lot of times it ends up being that the client cannot do a reverse lookup
    on the media server's IP; if this authentication step fails, the backup fails.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread