Failed to obtain property for backing up Netbackup - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Failed to obtain property for backing up Netbackup - Veritas Net Backup ; I tried to configure Netbackup catalog by right clicking on the "Catalog" menu under "Netbackup Management" category in Netbackup admin console. But I got an error message "Failed to obtain property for backing up Netbackup". What's wrong with my Netbackup? ...

  1. Failed to obtain property for backing up Netbackup

    I tried to configure Netbackup catalog by right clicking on the "Catalog"
    menu under "Netbackup Management" category in Netbackup admin console. But
    I got an error message "Failed to obtain property for backing up Netbackup".
    What's wrong with my Netbackup? How can I solve this problem? My Netbackup
    version is 5.1 MP1 on Windows 2003 standard.

  2. Re: Failed to obtain property for backing up Netbackup

    "Napat" wrote:

    >I tried to configure Netbackup catalog by right clicking on the "Catalog"
    >menu under "Netbackup Management" category in Netbackup admin console. But
    >I got an error message "Failed to obtain property for backing up Netbackup".
    >What's wrong with my Netbackup? How can I solve this problem? My Netbackup
    >version is 5.1 MP1 on Windows 2003 standard.

    Your Master probably does not have the "catalog backup configured" configure
    the catalog by highliting the Masterr Server at the top of the Netbackup
    Adminstration Console then pick "Configure the Catalog Bcakup" and follow
    the steps.