Problems with upgrade to 5.1mp3 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Problems with upgrade to 5.1mp3 - Veritas Net Backup ; Since upgrading our box to 5.1mp3 our backup jobs haven't been closing/ending properly. In the activity monitor,job history screen there are several "active jobs" and several jobs queuing. However when I look at the detailed status of a backup job ...

  1. Problems with upgrade to 5.1mp3

    Since upgrading our box to 5.1mp3 our backup jobs haven't been closing/ending
    properly. In the activity monitor,job history screen there are several "active
    jobs" and several jobs queuing. However when I look at the detailed status
    of a backup job it has "end writing" as the last entry. All clients are upgraded
    to the latest patch. This seems to cause our box to hang and we have to end
    up rebooting, which as a result clears out the active job entries.

    This was not a problem before we upgraded. Any ideas/suggestions?

    TIA
    Al

  2. Re: Problems with upgrade to 5.1mp3

    "Al" wrote:

    >Since upgrading our box to 5.1mp3 our backup jobs haven't been closing/ending
    >properly. In the activity monitor,job history screen there are several "active
    >jobs" and several jobs queuing. However when I look at the detailed status
    >of a backup job it has "end writing" as the last entry. All clients are

    upgraded
    >to the latest patch. This seems to cause our box to hang and we have to

    end
    >up rebooting, which as a result clears out the active job entries.
    >
    >This was not a problem before we upgraded. Any ideas/suggestions?
    >
    >TIA
    >Al

    Al,

    Is the master on a UNIX server or a NT server? Is a Library attached to
    the Master and are the drive or drive up and active?