Restore fails - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restore fails - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi everybody, I wonder if anyone has seen this before or could help me as i am confused about tjis problem. I'm trying to restore an oracle backup on machine A (Aix 5.3, NBU 5.0 MP3) over machine B (Aix ...

  1. Restore fails

    Hi everybody,

    I wonder if anyone has seen this before or could help me as i am confused
    about tjis problem.
    I'm trying to restore an oracle backup on machine A (Aix 5.3, NBU 5.0 MP3)
    over machine B (Aix 5.3, NB 5.0 MP3). Our master server is the only one media
    server also and is a W2K Server with NBU 5.0 MP5.
    - bplog.rest on client shows the same as master server:
    16:23:42 INF - Server status = 25
    16:23:42 (2299.003) Status of restore from image created 11/08/05 03:56:31
    = cannot connect on socket
    - bpsched log on master server shows the following:
    get_db_info: Failed to get client list
    log_in_errorDB: scheduler found no backups due to run

    I also get in the bpcd log the following:
    ParseConfigExA: Unknown configuration option on line 56: RenameIfExists =
    0

    If I try to restore any file or an oracle cold backup from A to B everything
    is OK but not with the hot backup.

    Any hint please?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Restore fails

    =
    >0
    >
    >If I try to restore any file or an oracle cold backup from A to B everything
    >is OK but not with the hot backup.
    >
    >Any hint please?
    >Thanks.

    Was the database backed up via RMAN?

    If so then the restore must be initiated from the RMAN utility. Ask the
    DBA to help with the restore.

    In older versions of Netbackup you (the backup admin had to change the image
    files A server "hostname" to the alternate B server "hostname"

    Make sure you have Netbackup installed on the client and that the Master
    can conncet to it << stupid coment but you never know.