Sql client install - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Sql client install - Veritas Net Backup ; Guys I am trying to find out how to install and back up my SQL client server. I am running 5.1M3 and the client is on win. 2003. my win admin has taken the actual database and pointed to the ...

  1. Sql client install

    Guys I am trying to find out how to install and back up my SQL client server.
    I am running 5.1M3 and the client is on win. 2003.
    my win admin has taken the actual database and pointed to the M drive of
    that machine so all I have to backup is the M drive. What do I need to do,
    perhas just install the windows client software and add him in my windows
    policy?
    Thanks

  2. Re: Sql client install

    In your case you have SQL server backup and "flat file" system backup.
    If you want to backup SQL db you will need SQL option for your master server.
    As far as the flat file system backup u r right. It needs only the client
    software but any open file like SQL db files you will not be able to backup.
    without the option for SQL. It is separate license.

    Here is example of SQL backup configuration:
    Example:

    OPERATION BACKUP
    DATABASE $ALL
    SQLHOST "name of your client server exactly how it is in client properties"
    NBSERVER "name on your master server in CAPITAL LETTERS"
    MAXTRANSFERSIZE 0
    BLOCKSIZE 0
    ENDOPER TRUE

    This script you have to put it on the client in:
    C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\DbExt\MsSql\XXXXXX.bch

    If you have problems read the admin guide for SQL db - specificly db autorization
    I hope this will help

    "Wagner" wrote:

    >Guys I am trying to find out how to install and back up my SQL client server.
    >I am running 5.1M3 and the client is on win. 2003.
    >my win admin has taken the actual database and pointed to the M drive of
    >that machine so all I have to backup is the M drive. What do I need to

    do,
    >perhas just install the windows client software and add him in my windows
    >policy?
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread