restrict NBU client to listen to one NIC only (instead of all) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on restrict NBU client to listen to one NIC only (instead of all) - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello Group, In a Solaris 9 environment with multiple NICs configured, if I run "netstat -an" I can see that the NBU client software is listening on ALL the NICs. TCP: IPv4 Local Address Remote Address Swind Send-Q Rwind Recv-Q ...

  1. restrict NBU client to listen to one NIC only (instead of all)

    Hello Group,

    In a Solaris 9 environment with multiple NICs configured, if I run "netstat
    -an" I can see that the NBU client software is listening on ALL the NICs.

    TCP: IPv4
    Local Address Remote Address Swind Send-Q Rwind Recv-Q State
    -------------------- -------------------- ----- ------ ----- ------ -------

    *.13782 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN
    *.13724 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN
    *.13783 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN
    *.13722 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN

    What do I need to configure to bind the listening port to one NIC only?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Lollo
    lollo_bis@yahoo.com

  2. Re: restrict NBU client to listen to one NIC only (instead of all)

    "lollobis" wrote:

    >Hello Group,
    >
    >In a Solaris 9 environment with multiple NICs configured, if I run "netstat
    >-an" I can see that the NBU client software is listening on ALL the NICs.
    >

    >TCP: IPv4
    > Local Address Remote Address Swind Send-Q Rwind Recv-Q State
    >-------------------- -------------------- ----- ------ ----- ------ -------
    >
    > *.13782 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN
    > *.13724 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN
    > *.13783 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN
    > *.13722 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN
    >

    >What do I need to configure to bind the listening port to one NIC only?
    >
    >Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    >Lollo
    >lollo_bis@yahoo.com

    More information...

    Is this a Port Aggregated server?

    Netbackup will use the IP address that is the A record thats configured in
    DNS.
    IE: Multiple IP's bound to one hostname then Netbackup will listen on all
    NIC cards and their asscoiated IP addresses.

    You think youd want Netbackup to listen to on more than one NIC card (big
    pipe rules)