Activity Monitor in 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Activity Monitor in 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup ; I recently upgraded my Master server (Windows Server 2003) to 6.0 from 5.1MP3. Everything appears to have gone fine, except for in the Activity Monitor my Master Server icon shows that the services are down (red gears with a red ...

  1. Activity Monitor in 6.0

    I recently upgraded my Master server (Windows Server 2003) to 6.0 from 5.1MP3.
    Everything appears to have gone fine, except for in the Activity Monitor
    my Master Server icon shows that the services are down (red gears with a
    red down arrow) when in fact they're not. I've shutdown the services (bpdown)
    and brought them backup, rebooted a couple times but nothing seems to clear
    it. Anybody have any ideas or is this just a bug in 6.0?

  2. Re: Activity Monitor in 6.0

    "MF" wrote:

    >I recently upgraded my Master server (Windows Server 2003) to 6.0 from 5.1MP3.
    > Everything appears to have gone fine, except for in the Activity Monitor
    >my Master Server icon shows that the services are down (red gears with a
    >red down arrow) when in fact they're not. I've shutdown the services (bpdown)
    >and brought them backup, rebooted a couple times but nothing seems to clear
    >it. Anybody have any ideas or is this just a bug in 6.0?

    MF,

    I have upgraded Veritas Netbackup many times over the years starting, my
    first upgrade was from 2.x to 3.2, currently my company is running 5.1 mp3
    (very stable and the JAVA works great) over the past week I have been testing
    the NEW 6.0 and have a alot of reservations about going to the newer version,
    one of them is a boat load of JAVA problems. I have tested the JAVA on the
    UNIX side and the JAVA on the NT side, the NT JAVA errors I see are related
    to the mulitple JVM's installed on my desktop, fix for this is to uninstall
    all the old JVM's on my XP box. Then re-install the JAVA client. As for
    the HPUX server, well I'm still working on it. Needless to say I will not
    upgrade to 6.0 until the "bugs" can fixed.

    Master = HPUX 11.i
    Desktop = XP

+ Reply to Thread