Microsoft Information Store does not appear in backup list - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Microsoft Information Store does not appear in backup list - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, I have a Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 server installed. I am using Veritas NetBackup 5.1 Enterprise server. The NetBackup client service is started with an account that has full exchange administrative privileges. When launching the Backup, Archive ...

  1. Microsoft Information Store does not appear in backup list

    Hello,

    I have a Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 server installed. I am using
    Veritas NetBackup 5.1 Enterprise server. The NetBackup client service is
    started with an account that has full exchange administrative privileges.

    When launching the Backup, Archive & Restore console, the object Microsoft
    Information Store does not appear, but the Mailboxes and Public Folders do.
    Thus it is not possible to select the Information Store for backup.

    Further, when launching the NTBackup utility, the object Microsoft Exchange
    Server does not appear, thus it is not possible to use the NTBackup utility
    to backup exchange either.

    When the NetBackup client service account is changed to local_service, I
    am able to successfully backup the Information Store.

    This is almost certainly looking like a problem with Group Policy applied
    to the account I am using to both log into the Exchange server and to start
    the NetBackup Client Service, but I am absolutely stuck as to what is causing
    it.

    Has anyone else seen this problem?
    (I have gone through the various tech notes on Veritas website for this and
    one of their consultants has pretty much confirmed this to be a Group Policy
    problem as backup works with local_service)

  2. Re: Microsoft Information Store does not appear in backup list

    You should to check your exchagne administrator's permissions, this is
    not NetBackup problem.

    Regards
    marekk

    Richard Sendall wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 server installed. I am using
    > Veritas NetBackup 5.1 Enterprise server. The NetBackup client service is
    > started with an account that has full exchange administrative privileges.
    >
    > When launching the Backup, Archive & Restore console, the object Microsoft
    > Information Store does not appear, but the Mailboxes and Public Folders do.
    > Thus it is not possible to select the Information Store for backup.
    >
    > Further, when launching the NTBackup utility, the object Microsoft Exchange
    > Server does not appear, thus it is not possible to use the NTBackup utility
    > to backup exchange either.
    >
    > When the NetBackup client service account is changed to local_service, I
    > am able to successfully backup the Information Store.
    >
    > This is almost certainly looking like a problem with Group Policy applied
    > to the account I am using to both log into the Exchange server and to start
    > the NetBackup Client Service, but I am absolutely stuck as to what is causing
    > it.
    >
    > Has anyone else seen this problem?
    > (I have gone through the various tech notes on Veritas website for this and
    > one of their consultants has pretty much confirmed this to be a Group Policy
    > problem as backup works with local_service)

+ Reply to Thread