What version of Netbackup product is required for Oracle/rman integration? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on What version of Netbackup product is required for Oracle/rman integration? - Veritas Net Backup ; Is it Netbackup Server, Entreprise Server, Datacenter? We are planning to use Netbackup 6 to make backups of an Oracle 10gR2 database running on a Linux RH-ES 4 AMD64. The DB server will be directly attached to a LTO2 library. ...

  1. What version of Netbackup product is required for Oracle/rman integration?

    Is it Netbackup Server, Entreprise Server, Datacenter?

    We are planning to use Netbackup 6 to make backups of an Oracle 10gR2 database
    running on a Linux RH-ES 4 AMD64. The DB server will be directly attached
    to a LTO2 library. I have checked the server/client of Netbackup 6 are fully
    supported on this vendor platform. What about the Oracle agent?

    Any suggestion or recommendation is highly appreciated.

    TIA.

    Kind Regards,

    Rui.

  2. Re: What version of Netbackup product is required for Oracle/rman integration?

    "Rui Vilao" wrote:

    >Is it Netbackup Server, Entreprise Server, Datacenter?
    >
    >We are planning to use Netbackup 6 to make backups of an Oracle 10gR2 database
    >running on a Linux RH-ES 4 AMD64. The DB server will be directly attached
    >to a LTO2 library. I have checked the server/client of Netbackup 6 are fully
    >supported on this vendor platform. What about the Oracle agent?
    >
    >Any suggestion or recommendation is highly appreciated.
    >
    >TIA.
    >
    >Kind Regards,
    >
    >Rui.

    Hi, 10g was supported in the Oracle Agent in 4.5FP8 i think it was, might
    have been FP7.....we were still using 4.5FP6 at the time and i just edited
    the oracle_link to take out the bit in the script where it moans about versions.
    we ran that like for ages without problems.

+ Reply to Thread