Duplication Hangs - Unable to lock Media at Offset - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Duplication Hangs - Unable to lock Media at Offset - Veritas Net Backup ; We are having a problem with Duplication failing on some backup images. The duplication starts to run the images and then failes, to continue with the only error being found is in BPTM logs. db_local_media: unable to lock media at ...

  1. Duplication Hangs - Unable to lock Media at Offset

    We are having a problem with Duplication failing on some backup images. The
    duplication starts to run the images and then failes, to continue with the
    only error being found is in BPTM logs. db_local_media: unable to lock media
    at offset XXX
    What could be the cause.

  2. Re: Duplication Hangs - Unable to lock Media at Offset

    "Rob" wrote:

    >We are having a problem with Duplication failing on some backup images.

    The
    >duplication starts to run the images and then failes, to continue with the
    >only error being found is in BPTM logs. db_local_media: unable to lock

    media
    >at offset XXX
    >What could be the cause.

    I don't have a solution but a caveat: the "unable to lock..." message may
    not be the result of your error. I get those messages in bptm all the time
    even when things are going swimmingly.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread