Error 42 with Netbackup Admin Console - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error 42 with Netbackup Admin Console - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi All, When I try to connect to my Master servers all arounf the world using the admin console installed on my PC, I have, for some of my servers, the error 42 (The list of policies could not be ...

  1. Error 42 with Netbackup Admin Console

    Hi All,
    When I try to connect to my Master servers all arounf the world using the
    admin console installed on my PC, I have, for some of my servers, the error
    42 (The list of policies could not be retrive, Status 42 network read failed)
    when i click on "policies" and also the error "Not connected, check if services
    are up" when I click on "Activity monitor".
    I know that this error can occur if the admin console version I'm using is
    different that the netbackup version installed on my servers. But I have
    5.0 MP5 installed on both sidesl.
    Any idea ?

    Thanks for your help.

    Chelims

  2. Re: Error 42 with Netbackup Admin Console

    "chelims" wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >When I try to connect to my Master servers all arounf the world using the
    >admin console installed on my PC, I have, for some of my servers, the error
    >42 (The list of policies could not be retrive, Status 42 network read failed)
    >when i click on "policies" and also the error "Not connected, check if services
    >are up" when I click on "Activity monitor".
    >I know that this error can occur if the admin console version I'm using

    is
    >different that the netbackup version installed on my servers. But I have
    >5.0 MP5 installed on both sidesl.
    >Any idea ?
    >
    >Thanks for your help.
    >
    >Chelims

    Something similar happened to me when I was on vacation and my PC was turned
    off: I lost my DHCP lease, got a new IP, but the unregistering/reregistering
    process choked and my hostname got changed. Therefore, my current name did
    not match what was in bp.conf and it refused connection. I had to get my
    DNS people to fix the entry and then all was well again.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread