How to share volumes? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to share volumes? - Veritas Net Backup ; We have multiple SAN media servers with Shared Storage Option; Each SAN media server has a storage unit that is the same ESL library, also each has a policy that backs itself up using its own storage unit. Assuming that ...

  1. How to share volumes?

    We have multiple SAN media servers with Shared Storage Option; Each SAN media
    server has a storage unit that is the same ESL library, also each has a policy
    that backs itself up using its own storage unit. Assuming that there is
    only one 600 GB tape in the library, when more than one policy is run the
    second job fails with status 96 (unable to allocate new media).

    How can I get the policies to write to the same tape?
    I can edit all the policies to use the same storage unit and enable multiplexing,
    but then most of the jobs would be run accross the network instead of the
    SAN.

  2. Re: How to share volumes?

    There's no possibility to do this.. Each media serwer writes data to
    it's own tape.

    regards
    marekk

    Will wrote:
    > We have multiple SAN media servers with Shared Storage Option; Each SAN media
    > server has a storage unit that is the same ESL library, also each has a policy
    > that backs itself up using its own storage unit. Assuming that there is
    > only one 600 GB tape in the library, when more than one policy is run the
    > second job fails with status 96 (unable to allocate new media).
    >
    > How can I get the policies to write to the same tape?
    > I can edit all the policies to use the same storage unit and enable multiplexing,
    > but then most of the jobs would be run accross the network instead of the
    > SAN.

+ Reply to Thread