share assigned media - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on share assigned media - Veritas Net Backup ; Netbackup Enterprise 5.0 MP5 on Windows When a volume contains a backup it is labeled as assigned..if the tape is not full the same media server can write to it till its full. Is there a way to share that ...

  1. share assigned media

    Netbackup Enterprise 5.0 MP5 on Windows

    When a volume contains a backup it is labeled as assigned..if the tape is
    not full the same media server can write to it till its full. Is there a
    way to share that volume with another media server? I get a status code
    96 when trying to use the same volume...

  2. Re: share assigned media

    No, a volume can only be assigned to one media server at a time. No other
    media servers will be able to backup to that tape whilst the data on it is
    still within it's retention period.

    HTH

    "Will" wrote in message

    > Netbackup Enterprise 5.0 MP5 on Windows
    >
    > When a volume contains a backup it is labeled as assigned..if the tape is
    > not full the same media server can write to it till its full. Is there a
    > way to share that volume with another media server? I get a status code
    > 96 when trying to use the same volume...

+ Reply to Thread