Netbackup Client 5.1 and Netware 5.1 sp7 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup Client 5.1 and Netware 5.1 sp7 - Veritas Net Backup ; Would anybody know if the TSA files from SP7 are sufficient for Netbackup client 5.1 mp3 ? We are in the process of moving our NetWare backup strategy over to Netbackup and are having difficulty with various backups reporting skipping ...

  1. Netbackup Client 5.1 and Netware 5.1 sp7

    Would anybody know if the TSA files from SP7 are sufficient for Netbackup
    client 5.1 mp3 ? We are in the process of moving our NetWare backup strategy
    over to Netbackup and are having difficulty with various backups reporting
    skipping data sets with the error message :TRV - unable to scan:
    SKIPPED DATA SETS (SMS:FFFDFFD1: There are no more data sets to be scanned.)

    Is using the target interface on the server effective for setting up the
    targets or should we edit the BP.INI directly and define the required targets
    ?

    Many thanks,

    Pad.

  2. Re: Netbackup Client 5.1 and Netware 5.1 sp7

    Patrick wrote:
    > Would anybody know if the TSA files from SP7 are sufficient for Netbackup
    > client 5.1 mp3 ? We are in the process of moving our NetWare backup strategy
    > over to Netbackup and are having difficulty with various backups reporting
    > skipping data sets with the error message :TRV - unable to scan:
    > SKIPPED DATA SETS (SMS:FFFDFFD1: There are no more data sets to be scanned.)

    This error means the filesystem, data set, whatever you want to call
    it. (Really means volume specified in the target definition) is not
    found. Usually see this on clusters more than on single server machines.

    > Is using the target interface on the server effective for setting up the
    > targets or should we edit the BP.INI directly and define the required targets

    Yes. BP, T for Target, L for list is a good troubleshooter. If you
    get an error there, backups aint ever gonna work.

    BP.INI encrypts the password so you cannot set it by hand, nor is the
    syntax simple, obvious, nor documented.

    How do you set up your targets? Backup the entire server, or one
    target per volume?

+ Reply to Thread