Netware 5 and Netbackup 5.1 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netware 5 and Netbackup 5.1 - Veritas Net Backup ; All, Is there a maintenance pack for Netware 5 and Netbackup 5.1? Also I currently receive the following error whilst running some test backups: from client ERR-failure reading file:CN=APP-ConsoleOne,OU= (removed the rest) from client TRV-unable to scan:SKIPPED DATA SETS (SMS:FFFDFFD1:There ...

  1. Netware 5 and Netbackup 5.1

    All,

    Is there a maintenance pack for Netware 5 and Netbackup 5.1?

    Also I currently receive the following error whilst running some test backups:
    from client ERR-failure reading file:CN=APP-ConsoleOne,OU= (removed the rest)
    from client TRV-unable to scan:SKIPPED DATA SETS (SMS:FFFDFFD1:There are
    no more sets to be scanned)

    It maybe a simple patch fix, thanks in anticipation..

  2. Re: Netware 5 and Netbackup 5.1

    Nettie wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > Is there a maintenance pack for Netware 5 and Netbackup 5.1?

    Usually there is. We are at NBU 4.5 FP7/8 here (Client is at FP8,
    server is actually at FP7). (Netware 4.11, 5.1, 6.0 and 6.5 being
    backed up)

    Since it is really only 4 main files involved in backing up a Netware
    server what I usually do is get the latest client patches, install them
    to a server, copy them out to my silly little custom install script
    (which just copies the 4 files) and am done with it.

    > Also I currently receive the following error whilst running some test backups:
    > from client ERR-failure reading file:CN=APP-ConsoleOne,OU= (removed the rest)

    Well that is obviously an NDS backup, of a Zenworks object that it is
    having issues with. Dunno what to say.

    > from client TRV-unable to scan:SKIPPED DATA SETS (SMS:FFFDFFD1:There are
    > no more sets to be scanned)

    Usually that means the volumes you are trying to back up are not
    mounted. (Are you running a Netware cluster? If so Netbackup has
    crappy to useless (depends on your point of view) non-support of Netware
    clusters. I.e. Don't back them up as clusters...)

    > It maybe a simple patch fix, thanks in anticipation..

  3. Re: Netware 5 and Netbackup 5.1

    Nettie wrote, in part, on 10/12/2005 10:57 AM:
    > Is there a maintenance pack for Netware 5 and Netbackup 5.1?

    The Novell client (I assume you have a client, not media server) has a
    current maintenance pack named MP3b. It is new this week. It and other
    MPs are available at the vendor support site. Consider starting your
    search at

    http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddProduct_NBUESVR.htm

    NetBackup generally likes the latest NLMs.

    cheers, wayne from maine

+ Reply to Thread