bparchive extremely slow - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on bparchive extremely slow - Veritas Net Backup ; We recently started using Netbackup for archiving files form one of our Windows 2000 (SP3) fileservers. We have to archive about 30k files and do it through a filelist with bparchive. We see that the archiving-proces runs extremely slow ( ...

  1. bparchive extremely slow

    We recently started using Netbackup for archiving files form one of our Windows
    2000 (SP3) fileservers. We have to archive about 30k files and do it through
    a filelist with bparchive.
    We see that the archiving-proces runs extremely slow ( 650 files in 1h15
    min) with a speed of 92 kB/sec. We installed Netbackup 5.0 MP5.
    What can cause this extreme slowness?

    Regards,

  2. Re: bparchive extremely slow

    in article 434a5d1d@ROSASTDMZ05., J.Markerink at jmarkerink@gooi-noord.nl
    wrote on 10/10/05 5:22 AM:

    > We recently started using Netbackup for archiving files form one of our
    > Windows
    > 2000 (SP3) fileservers. We have to archive about 30k files and do it through
    > a filelist with bparchive.
    > We see that the archiving-proces runs extremely slow ( 650 files in 1h15
    > min) with a speed of 92 kB/sec. We installed Netbackup 5.0 MP5.
    > What can cause this extreme slowness?
    >
    > Regards,

    Bad network link? Duplex mismatch?

+ Reply to Thread